What is personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
ProMedCo collects personal information for the purpose of its provision of services to you and the operation and administration of the organisation. This information typically includes:
- your name, address, phone and facsimile numbers and email addresses (contact information);
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to ProMedCo directly through our website or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
How do we collect your personal information?
ProMedCo collects your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. ProMedCo collects personal information that you provide us:
- over the phone, in correspondence, in person, via our website and related social media platforms; and
- during conversations and/or any written communications between you and our representatives;
ProMedCo may also collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities and from form our network of partners and affiliates.
Our cookies do not collect personal information. The majority of web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can adjust your browser to disable cookies but this may restrict your ability to access certain areas of our websites.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the websites, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the products or services you requested, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales, special promotions or competitions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
ProMedCo collects personal information about you for the purpose of its provision of products and services to you and the operation and administration of the organisation. In addition, ProMedCo may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following related purposes:
- sending communications requested by you;
- answering enquiries and providing information or advice about our business, existing and new products and services;
- assessing the performance of our websites and improving the operation of those websites;
- tailoring and personalising website content and deals offered by us and/or our commercial associates, partners and sponsors, depending on your location and interests;
- conducting business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of ProMedCo and its contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- updating our records and keeping your contact details up to date;
- providing your updated personal information to our contractors or service providers;
- processing and responding to any complaint made by you; and
- complying with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
To whom may ProMedCo disclose your information?
ProMedCo may disclose and transfer your personal information for the purposes outlined above and related purposes:
- to our employees, contractors, or service providers located in Australia and overseas including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants, for the purposes of providing services in connection with the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling your requests or enquiries, and to otherwise provide products and services to you;
- to our agents and affiliates located in Australia and overseas;
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- where you have consented; and
- as required or authorised by law including to law enforcement, government or other organisations or where permitted under the Privacy Act.
Direct marketing materials
ProMedCo may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, ProMedCo will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us using the contact details below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
ProMedCo does not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You have certain rights to access personal information held by ProMedCo. To request access or to find out what information we have about you, please contact us (see details below).
If we provide you with access to personal information ProMedCo holds about you and you believe that personal information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, then you may request that we amend it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please email |EMAIL| with a full description of the issue. ProMedCo will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. A representative of ProMedCo will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved.
ProMedCo takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. ProMedCo may hold your information in either hard copy or electronic form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our websites are linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, ProMedCo cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. ProMedCo makes no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party websites and ProMedCo is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party websites. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Post: Unit 46/85, 115 Alfred Road, Chipping Norton NSW 2170
Tel: 02 9734 0673