Infection Control Training
ProMedCo offer Infection Control Training for all team members working in a Dental setting.
Our training builds confidence in Dental Teams by expanding their knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control ensuring they are compliant in their surgeries.
From understanding the foundations of the relevant Australian Standards and the ADA Infection Control Guidelines, our course will breakdown what specifically needs to be done to achieve IPC best practice.
We run courses regularly throughout Sydney and Melbourne at easily accessible locations. In addition we also offer private training in your Practice after hours if you have a minimum of 10 attendees.
- Precautions of Infection Control
- Handling and disposal of sharps and contaminated waste
- Handwashing techniques
- Work Health and Safety in the workplace
- Identifying problem areas in your practice
- Reprocessing of reusable instruments & Batch Control Identification
- Correct flow of the sterilisation room
- Documentation and practice protocols for infection control
- Environmental cleaning
- Maintenance of equipment including ultrasonic cleaners and ultrasounds
- Documentation and mandatory signage required for infection control
Click on the link below to download the latest course information / pricing.
Infection Control Audits
If you are operating a dental practice, medical practice, beauty salon, nail bar, veterinary practice, tattoo parlour or any skin penetration establishment you are required to comply with AU/NZS 4815-2006. This Standard sets out the requirements for the reprocessing of reusable medical and surgical instruments and equipment plus the maintenance of the associated environment.
We can undertake a soft audit by assessing your sterilisation area and advise if it complies with the Australian Standards and if not how to put in place the necessary steps to ensure the spread of infection in the sterilisation area is minimised.
To find out more including pricing please call us on 02 9734 0673